Excel Based Version
Charts such as that depicted above can be constructed and then exported in either image or spreadsheet format. This allows all the features and flexibility offered by Microsoft® Excel® to be used with your constructed Gantt chart.
Full control is available on the colour of each individual line item. That is to say, if you like, each and every bar can be a different colour. Therefore, significant items can be highlighted to your audience.
As an Excel® module, GBS requires very little extra disk space (unlike Microsoft® Project®) and does not require the user to learn yet another software package. All Gantt sheets are generated on Excel sheets, this gives the user all the power and flexibility of Excel® without the training overheads of battling with Project®.
· Building the chart itself. This option will allow you to select the desired date bands illustrated below.
· Clear the chart,
· Access to the Builder Toolbox. This provides options to automatically populate roll-up tasks and also to automatically mark milestones based on the dates provided.
· Configure the chart presentation options. See below for a sample view of this control.
· Print & Print Preview the constructed chart,
· Copy the selected chart as an image format. This allows the chart to be pasted into almost any other toolset.
· Export the chart into another external workbook. This creates a sheet that is independent of the GBS toolset.