This program allows you to create your own music and sound effects.
Requirements: Java Runtime Environment 7 or higher
BS Editor: Fun Kangaroo-themed program that allows the user to create music and sound effects. It uses a system of Frequency ratios for pitch control, rather than conventional music notation and equal temperament. It allows instruments, both musical and percussion, to be created. Differs from the Kangas Sound Editor in the database engine used: The Kangas Sound Editor uses MySQL Community Edition, whereas Kangas Sound Editor QI has its own internal database engine (HSQLDB) making installation simpler and quicker.
Kangas Sound Editor/QI features
* The user can create music and sound-effects with it.
* It uses a system of frequency ratios for pitch control, rather than conventional music notation.
* Instruments, both melodic and percussion, can be created from scratch by specifying harmonics/inharmonics.
* There is a cellular-like structure to compositions, with cells representing Entities at low levels of Abstraction (e.g. harmonics) and at higher levels of abstraction (e.g. chord groups). For Details of cell types used by the program, click here
* User-definable graphs are widely used in the program, e.g. for control of volume and pitch envelopes, and for shifting the Balance of stereo over time.
* Audio output is to uncompressed .WAV files.
* The Kangas Sound Editor uses an external database engine (MySQL) for storage of compositions and other data (e.g. graphs and harmonics), whereas the Kangas Sound Editor QI uses an internal database engine (HSQLDB).
* From version 3, users can collaborate with and build on the work of other users through an XML import/export facility.
* The software is open-source, and is free to download and use.