Fast, friendly HTML and XHTML syntax checker. Uses an SGML/XML parser
EditByBrothersoft: A Real Validator is an HTML syntax checker for Windows. Unlike other HTML "validators" for Windows, A Real Validator uses a sophisticated SGML parser to give true HTML validation.
With A Real Validator, authors get the same high level of accuracy seen with online validators such as the WDG HTML Validator and the W3C HTML Validation Service. Since A Real Validator works offline, it provides convenience, speed, and flexibility not available with online validators.
A Real Validator Features
* True HTML validation with an SGML parser
* Friendly error messages with links to further help
* Fast validation of multiple documents
* Drag and drop files or directories from Windows Explorer; dragging a directory adds all HTML documents in the directory and all sub-directories
* Unicode-enabled, support for 16 common character encodings for validation of documents in virtually any language
* Supports validation of XHTML 1.0, HTML 4.01, HTML 4.0, HTML 3.2, HTML 3.0, and HTML 2.0
* Extensible--add your own HTML DTDs or change the existing ones
* Fetches external DTDs by HTTP and caches them for faster validation
* View and Edit commands for quick access to your preferred browser and editor
* Complete HTML 3.2 and HTML 4.0 references included as HTML Help
* Updated DTDs for XHTML 1.0 Second Edition, XHTML Basic, and XHTML 1.1.
* Added a "Validate All" option to quickly validate all files in a project.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the "Edit" action from working with some text editors, including TextPad.
* Fixed a bug that caused line number links to open in an external browser when the TMP directory contained spaces.
* Other minor bug fixes.